The Saskatchewan Trucking Association, the Associate Trades Conference and Highway Agencies Ltd. are pleased to announce a total of $5,000.00 in scholarships available to Grade 12 graduates and mature students of employee's of the association members.
Applications will be available the week of March 27 and applications MUST BE RECEIVED , at the STA office, no later than JUNE 30th with Grade 12 final marks to be submitted as soon as possible thereafter as set out in the application. To obtain an application form you can download the form, print it out and mail or fax it to the STA. You may also call the association at 1-800-563-7623 or fax your request for an application form to 306-569-1008.
There are seven scholarships available for a total of $5,000.00:
- 2 - $1,000.00 Scholarships, presented by the Highway Agencies Ltd.
- 1 - $1,000.00 and 2 - $500.00 Scholarships will be awarded by the Saskatchewan Trucking Association
- 2 - $500.00 Scholarships will be presented by the Associate Trades Conference of the association
Who Can Apply?
- Students who have completed grade 12, or will do so by June 30th, and those students already attending post-secondary training.
- Direct family members of employees of the association membership can apply including independent contract drivers of association members and association staff.
- Mature students of employees of the association membership can apply including independent contract drivers of an association member and association staff. Mature students MUST NOT have attended post-secondary training in the last five years, if this is their first application.
Scholarships are for tuition and are paid direct to the post-secondary education facility. Scholarships are taxable to the student.
The attached application must be completed and postmarked prior to midnight June 30th. Applications must be legible. Applications can be faxed and must show a transmission date and time not later than midnight June 30th. An original copy transcript of marks is to be made available by July 30th to the association office.
Mailing address to be used:
c/o Saskatchewan Trucking Association
1335 Wallace Street
Regina, Saskatchewan S4N 3Z5
Regina: (306) 569-9696
Toll Free: 1-800-563-7623
Fax: (306) 569-1008
Any grade twelve graduate including those graduating this year, who is the child of an employee of a carrier or associate trade member of the association, or of an independent contract driver, affiliated with a trucking company who is a member of the STA, or a child of an employee of the association, who is registered or has applied for entrance to university, community college or technical school is eligible for a scholarship.
Scholarships are also available to a mature student of an employee of a carrier or associate trade member of the association, or of an independent contract driver, affiliated with a trucking company who is a member of the STA, or of an employee of the association, who is registered or has applied for entrance to university, community college or technical school is eligible for a scholarship, and who is returning to post-secondary education after an absence of more than five years.
The applicant for the scholarship must show need, scholastic achievement, maintain full-time student status and be an individual of high character and integrity. Scholarships will be awarded without regard to sex, race, colour, nationality origin or religion.
The scholarship will be void on the basis of expulsion or dismissal from school or the discontinuance of the education process for more than one semester. The committee reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship at their discretion.
A candidate for scholarship must:
- Send the association an application on or before June 30th.
- Send the association a complete transcript of all courses and grades as soon as they are available.
- Send the association a tentative course schedule including tuition fees for the upcoming term, with transcripts.
- At the end of the semester a scholarship winner can advise the association in writing whether the student desires to reapply for the scholarship and, if so, supply the association with the appropriate transcripts, course schedule and tuition fees for the next semester.
- Provide the name, address, telephone number and fax number of the person and department within the college or university to which the scholarship cheque should be sent for disbursement.
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED AFTER JUNE 30th.