Defensive Driving for the Commercial Operator
This course is intended to better enable drivers to recognize the potential dangers in the driving environment, to recognize hazards and critical objects and respond before they become emergency situations.
Key Learning Objectives Include:
- Principles of defensive driving
- How to maximize the amount of driving information available through the driver’s vision skills.
- How to improve hazard recognition skills
- Principles of communication with other drivers
- Procedures for safe vehicle operation
- Speed management
- Importance of space management
- Emergency procedures
- Evasive steering
- Emergency maneuver problem solving
- Skid dynamics
- Skid recovery
Offered as a standalone knowledge course.
Language of Instruction: English
Instructor-led in-person and video conference training is offered on a calendar schedule.
Upcoming OpportuntiesWatch this page for upcoming opportunities.
Empowering Women with Transportation Industry Skills
Women Shifting Gears
The STA, YWCA Saskatoon and Saskatchewan Ministry of Immigration and Career Training have launched a pilot-program to encourage more woman to participate in the trucking industry.