10 Paid Sick Days for Federally Regulated Employees
Nov 30, 2022
Effective today, December 1, 2022, Bill C-3 requires all federally regulated employers (interprovincial/international carriers) to provide their employees with 10 paid sick days per year. Additionally, personal leave entitlements are amended to no longer include personal sickness and/or injury.
- There is no distinction based on employment status, meaning all part-time, full-time, casual and fixed term contracted employees are eligible.
- There are no exceptions based on the size of the company.
- These paid sick days do not apply to students.
- These days do not apply to provincially regulated employees.
- The employee must meet the eligibility requirements.
For more information, please ensure you are logged into your member account. Then you can access it here
STA Sponsorship and Advertising
Sponsorship Ignites Events and Programs. Join the Momentum and Invest!