Cargo Securement Course
Safe practices while securing cargo can save money, jobs, and lives as well as prevent carrier profile infraction points.
This course will cover general cargo securement and requirements that apply to most goods hauled by commercial motor vehicles. The standards covered pertain to both the United States and Canada and aim to help you to:
- Stay in compliance with regulations
- Safely load and secure various types of commodities
- Inspect a secured load for compliance
This Training is Modular:
The first two modules are for everyone (carriers, drivers, shippers, etc.)
- The Fundamentals
- General Cargo Securement Requirements: Equipment and Methods
11 additional modules are based on participants’ needs, and may include the following:
- Dressed Lumber and Similar Building Materials
- Metal Coils
- Paper Rolls
- Concrete Pipe Loaded Crosswise on a Platform Vehicle
- Intermodal Containers
- Automobiles, Light Trucks, and Vans
- Heavy Vehicles, Equipment, and Machinery
- Flattened or Crushed Vehicles
- Roll-on/Roll-off and Hook Lift Containers
- Large Boulders
This training can be facilitated online (Instructor led distance), in classroom style at our training facility, or on-site at your location.
- This is a one-day course
- Successful completion of the course requires a minimum of 80% on the final exam
- Each participant receives a handbook
- Wallet card issued by the STA
- Certification expires every three (3) years
Language of Instruction: English
Instructor-led in-person and video conference training is offered on a calendar schedule.
Empowering Women with Transportation Industry Skills
Women Shifting Gears
The STA, YWCA Saskatoon and Saskatchewan Ministry of Immigration and Career Training have launched a pilot-program to encourage more woman to participate in the trucking industry.